Monday, October 25, 2010

Monster

"Monster" by Kanye West featuring Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Bon Iver, and Nicki Minaj came out a while ago, but I just noticed something interesting in it. The song ends with Bon Iver singing the lines "I crossed the line / I'll let God decide / I wouldn't last these shows / So I am heading home"...
Anyone else find this remarkably similar to what happened last year? Kanye embarrassed Taylor Swift ("crossed the line") then canceled a forty-show tour with Lady Gaga called Fame Kills ("I wouldn't last these shows"), "heading home". The song's called "Monster"... and Lady Gaga's solo tour was named The Monster Ball. Coincidence? I think not.

I can't find the song anywhere on YouTube, and it used to be free to download as part of Kanye's "G.O.O.D. Friday" initiative... If you pre-order his new album on iTunes, though, you'll get the song immediately. Listen to Nicki Minaj's verse. It only goes to further cement her recent hailing as the first female ever to be #6 M.C. in The Game by MTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment